Saturday, May 4, 2013

Film Crazy is Back!

I'm not great at introductions, let alone reintroductions, so hopefully this post goes kind of well.

I want to apologize for the abrupt break. It wasn't fair to readers to suddenly disappear for five months without explanation. There's no concrete reason as to why I completely shut down the site. School was getting more difficult, there was less time to watch movies, and my publicly mean-spirited review of the independent drama Brilliant Mistakes made me rethink my skills as a writer. It was a combination of factors which led me to reassess whether the site was worth operating, and it's now clear which side of the argument I chose.

Now, on what would've been the second anniversary of Film Crazy, I've realized that deciding to close the crazy was a terrible mistake. Writing reviews for this site was one of my favorite hobbies for two years, and I didn't realize how much I missed it until I considered all the time and great features lost. Hopefully some former readers are surfing the internet and find this viral affirmation. This is a coming out statement for what will hopefully be the best year of Film Crazy yet.

I've prepared a couple of reviews for films released earlier in the year, but because of final exams, consistent reviews probably won't arrive until mid-June. This doesn't matter too much though: I'm just infinitely happy to be back.

Thank You For Your Support And Happy Anniversary!
David

No comments:

Post a Comment